Harness the Power of Wind
Wind energy is one of the cleanest, most abundant, sustainable — and increasingly cost-effective — ways to generate electricity, currently powering the equivalent of 15.5 million average American homes.
More than a dozen utility and independent grid operator studies have found that wind can reliably provide an even larger share of our electricity. The U.S. Department of Energy recently concluded that wind power, along with other renewables, could cost-effectively provide 80 percent of the nation’s electricity by 2050.
It’s exciting to think of the possibilities wind power holds, both for the environment and the economy.
More than 170 local investors have partnered with 110 Southeast South Dakota landowners to raise enough money to launch Dakota Power Community Wind, a project that not only will help reduce our nation’s dependence on fossil fuels but also create jobs and generate a new tax base that will directly support our school systems and townships.
Recent News for DPCW
- Dakota Power Community Wind Partners with Fortune 500 Company to Answer Xcel Energy’s RFP (Star Tribune, November 16, 2016)
- 83 RE100 companies have made a commitment to go ‘100% renewable’ (there100.org)
- El Paso County Assessor: Property prices soaring near wind farm (The Gazette, June 25, 2016)
- U.S., Mexico, Canada Pledge 50 Percent Clean Power by 2025 (Bloomberg, June 28, 2016)
- Not Just a Lot of Hot Air: Wind Energy – see page 27 (BizNow, August 2015)
- Nimby Nation: The High Cost To America Of Saying No To Everything (Forbes, July 30, 2015)
- NorthWestern Energy Announces Agreement to Purchase Wind Project from BayWa r.e. Wind LLC in South Dakota (July 23, 2015)
- Weather Towers Approved for South Dakota County (570 WNAX, July 23, 2015)
- Fossil Fuels Jeopardize Delicate Ecosystems (Argus Leader, June 24, 2015)
- Wind Energy Good for Community (Tri-State Neighbor, June 17, 2015)
Our vision is to live with our Earth in mind and in a natural balance. Where we no longer take from the Earth, but rather use wind power, with its enormous ability to regenerate.
Where we rely on the renewable energy wind power provides and the genius of the human spirit.
Where we, our local communities, are the creators, suppliers, and leaders providing clean, affordable, and homegrown power. Where we use the natural and renewable resources Earth provides in ways we believe they are intended to be used.
Our mission is to be guardians of the Earth by converting wind power to clean, affordable, and homegrown electrical energy as effectively as humanly possible.